Platon Technologies
neprihlásený Prihlásiť Registrácia
SlovakEnglish
open source software development oslavujeme 10 rokov vývoja otvoreného softvéru! Štvrtok, 28. marec 2024
O nás
Magazín
Otvorený softvér
CVS
Služby
Index  »  Projekty  »  phpMyEdit  »  Fórum  »  Install Problem Php 5.0

phpMyEdit Installation     Install Problem Php 5.0
Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému   Choď na stránku 1, 2  Ďalší  

billy290@yahoo.com     Založený: 27.01.2005   Príspevky: 1  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-01-27 21:48
Návrat hore  Odpovedať s citátom     

Has anyone been able to get phpmyedit working with php 5.0?

I get the login screen enter my username password and it just resets the screen. Checked most of the posts and saw similar problems but no fixes that worked for me.

Thanks.

michal     Založený: 17.06.2003   Príspevky: 537   Bydlisko: Slovakia
Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-01-28 12:49

try demo from bug #304. it doesn't use the setup script but only the core class (which is a lot more important file).

pedro     Založený: 12.02.2005   Príspevky: 3  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-03-09 21:46

I am not running php 5.0, but I'm pretty sure this is a configuration issue (php.ini).

Quick Fix:
Modify phpMyEditSetup.php
Add the following lines at the top of the class.

$HTTP_SERVER_VARS = $_SERVER;
$HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST;
$HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET;

Sab     Založený: 26.12.2004   Príspevky: 5  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-06-07 21:55

Ok with no choice than renning on a PHP5 server I've adapted phpMyEdit 5.4 to PHP5.

Thank to Mind the webmaster of my server which point me the 2 stuffs to do :

• reference to new globals vars
    $HTTP_SERVER_VARS =& $_SERVER;
    $HTTP_POST_VARS =& $_POST;
    $HTTP_GET_VARS =& $_GET;

• And replacement of the short-circuit coding :
    Replace these kind of lines (&& and equal after)
    $this->filter_operation() && $this->page_type = 'F';
    By this format
    if ($this->filter_operation()) $this->page_type = 'F';

I've tested the stuff, not intensivly but it seems to work pretty good (at least for my tables).

At last but not least here is the source code of phpMyEdit 5.4 for PHP5 . All modifications are quoted.
Would be cool to have a fresh new official PHP5 version guys ;) (and by the way, please add that line for me and save me from an herited specific class).

destraht1     Založený: 25.06.2005   Príspevky: 7  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-07-21 06:41

Sab's code worked for me. Thanks Sab. I've been having a rough time with phpMyEdit on my Fedora Core 4 AMD64 box since it uses php5. Sab's code did the trick. It makes me a little nervous though. An official version of phpMyEdit that worked with php5 would be most appreciative, or even a CVS version.

Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-10-29 10:45

I was able to get around the lack of PHP 5 support in phpMyEdit 5.4 on my Suse 10 box by simply using the PHP 4.4 packages instead of the 5.0 packages.

Unfortunately, I am now not able to use the new php_mysqli package since it is only made for PHP 5. Instead I had to use the old php_mysql package.

plemieux     Založený: 11.05.2005   Príspevky: 20  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-11-08 15:28

Sab wrote:
Citácia:
* And replacement of the short-circuit coding :
By this format

Why do you need to change those in PHP5?

Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-11-08 19:55

Those code lines are short circuited. For whatever reason PHP5 doesn't support short circuiting, at least out of the box. I would be interested to know if there is a way of enabling short circuiting for PHP5.

Short Circuiting Explanation
-------------------------------
For example using && it will not check the second conditional if the first is false since there is no way that the conditional as a whole could ever be true. The second conditional is an assignment which should always return a true. Its basically just a different way of writing an if statement.

Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-11-08 20:42

I haven't found any explicit reference (on Google) for short-circuiting not being available for PHP5.

Could this be a bug in earlier versions of PHP5?

I run PHP 5.0.4 and PHPMyEdit "seems" to behave correctly when only changing the global vars references.

Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-11-11 23:07

The more I think about it it doesn't seem quite right. My experience with Fedora Core 4 after changing to $_GET and $_POST is that none of the options would appear. Then I replaced all of the lines of code that have short circuiting from saabs example. Then it worked. I assumed that it was because PHP5 does not support short-circuiting since after replacing the lines with short-circuiting everything worked perfectly.

I believe the relevant question now is who has managed to get phpMyEdit and PHP5 working together without modifying the short-circuiting lines of code and with what version of operating system and PHP5?

Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-11-12 00:52

Or maybe the PHPMyEdit version is in cause...

I use the latest CVS version: 1.167 with PHP 5.0.4 on Mac OS X (Apache) and on Windows (IIS).

I still haven't had time to thoroughly test PME under this configuration (I swithed to PHP5 last week) but all the basics appear to be OK.

One precision: you do need to change the globals SERVER, GET AND POST. Changing the short-circuited code just seem to be unnecessary (though I think the replacement syntax may be better, I prefer to limit modifications to the class since this make upgrading that much more painful. I know I should learn to use CVS but I am just too busy right now.)

Príspevok Zaslal: 2005-11-12 02:36

This is the information that I have been looking for. I am currently using official 5.4 and not CVS 1.167. I have made quite a few modifications to 5.4. 1.167 seems to be a fair amount different. I guess its just time to try and understand the new code.

tnelms     Založený: 02.11.2013   Príspevky: 1  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2013-11-05 04:39

OK, I'm new here, so don't yell too loud. I've been trying for weeks to get phpmyedit to work with PHP5 and I've had absolutely no luck. I'm wondering if the code mentioned for 5.4 is still available somewhere. I know this is an old thread but I don't know where else to go.

Sab Napísal:
Ok with no choice than renning on a PHP5 server I've adapted phpMyEdit 5.4 to PHP5.

Thank to Mind the webmaster of my server which point me the 2 stuffs to do :

• reference to new globals vars
    $HTTP_SERVER_VARS =& $_SERVER;
    $HTTP_POST_VARS =& $_POST;
    $HTTP_GET_VARS =& $_GET;

• And replacement of the short-circuit coding :
    By this format

I've tested the stuff, not intensivly but it seems to work pretty good (at least for my tables).

At last but not least here is the source code of phpMyEdit 5.4 for PHP5 . All modifications are quoted.
Would be cool to have a fresh new official PHP5 version guys ;) (and by the way, please add that line for me and save me from an herited specific class).

doug     Založený: 10.02.2003   Príspevky: 1013   Bydlisko: Denver, Colorado (USA)
Príspevok Zaslal: 2013-11-05 16:10

Specifically what problem and/or error message are you encountering?

Leon     Založený: 19.01.2012   Príspevky: 7  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2013-11-19 13:00

Hi all,

My webhost has upgraded to php5 and I had to upgrade my joomla website to joomla ver 2.5 (from 1.5) I used phpMyEdit sucessfully on the 1.5 website. Now, however, all I get is a blank screen when I click on my previous links. I assume that this is due to the php version upgrade, however no search gives me a later download than phpMyEdit 5.7.1 although I see references from Slab to a version of phpMyEditClass that is amended to cater for php5. The link in the forum (At last but not least here is the source code of phpMyEdit 5.4 for PHP5) leads to a page with a 404 error. Could somebody please provide a working link to the phpMyEditClass file that works with php5?

Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému   Choď na stránku 1, 2  Ďalší  

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Stránka používa redakčný systém Metafox
Na začiatok · Odkazový formulár · Prihláška
Upozorniť na chybu na PLATON.SK webstránke · Podmienky použitia · Ochrana osobných údajov