Platon Technologies
neprihlásený Prihlásiť Registrácia
SlovakEnglish
open source software development oslavujeme 10 rokov vývoja otvoreného softvéru! Piatok, 29. marec 2024
O nás
Magazín
Otvorený softvér
CVS
Služby
Index  »  Projekty  »  phpMyEdit  »  Fórum  »  can't use localhost as hostname

phpMyEdit Installation     can't use localhost as hostname
Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému    

richard simmons     Založený: 07.10.2011   Príspevky: 1  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2011-10-07 11:23
Návrat hore  Odpovedať s citátom     

This is very odd. I have a mySql database in a commercial server. In order to test I put the open source version of phpMyEdit on my desktop computer which has Apache on it. I pointed phpMyEdit to the mySql database and it all worked fine.

I then loaded phpMyEdit to my web server which is at the same address as the mySql database. I ran the phpMyEdit setup with the same data - but with 'localhost' as the hostname and it can't attach to the database.

I tried the following tests

1. I tried all hostnames that the database server might be called: 127.0.0.1, localhost, it's actual IP address, and it's full url as used when it worked from my desktop Apache server. None worked.

2. I tried using the <table name>.php file that worked on my server and putting that file on the remote server and changing the database name to 'localhost' - that did not work

3. I wrote a small php program to access the database - in order to make sure that php scripts on the remote server could see the database and the script worked fine.

The mySql server is commercially hosted on a server with a cpanel interface.

Help Please....

doug     Založený: 10.02.2003   Príspevky: 1013   Bydlisko: Denver, Colorado (USA)
Príspevok Zaslal: 2011-10-07 15:31
Návrat hore  Odpovedať s citátom     

Look for typo's in the user name and/or password, or delete an re-create users on both systems. When I've encountered what you describe, I've usually found that I've had typo one place or the other (db name, user name, or password).

Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému    

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Stránka používa redakčný systém Metafox
Na začiatok · Odkazový formulár · Prihláška
Upozorniť na chybu na PLATON.SK webstránke · Podmienky použitia · Ochrana osobných údajov