Platon Technologies
neprihlásený Prihlásiť Registrácia
SlovakEnglish
open source software development oslavujeme 10 rokov vývoja otvoreného softvéru! Piatok, 29. marec 2024
O nás
Magazín
Otvorený softvér
CVS
Služby
Index  »  Projekty  »  phpMyEdit  »  Fórum  »  No answer from php script in phpMyEditSetup.php

phpMyEdit Installation     No answer from php script in phpMyEditSetup.php
Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému    

nepto     Založený: 06.01.2003   Príspevky: 381   Bydlisko: Phoenix, Arizona (USA)
Príspevok Zaslal: 2003-12-17 15:41
Návrat hore  Odpovedať s citátom     

Probably database connection failed.

DLindsey     Založený: 28.09.2004   Príspevky: 3  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2004-09-28 09:03

I have the exact same problem. Further, I really don't know php and had hoped I wouldn't have to for this project. I'm on a time crunch, so I probably won't be able to wait around for the answer. If I figure it out, I'll post back later.

But regarding the possible database connection problem: Forgive me for exposing my ignorance, but why would the script be trying to connect to a database right when it is first loaded? According to the html documentation, the first thing it asks you for is the location and login details of the db. How would it know where the db is before you tell it? That is, assuming the problem as stated by the original poster is in fact the same as mine: a blank screen when I first load phpMyEditSetup.php.

FYI: using ver. 5.4 on Mandrake 10.0 with Apache2 2.0.48 and PHP 4.3.4

Any feedback, in any form, appreciated.

Thanks
David

Príspevok Zaslal: 2004-09-28 09:39

So, yes, it is a db connection problem. I don't know, but I suspect that actual causes of the connection problem may vary widely, but I will post here anyway when I sort it out.

David

Príspevok Zaslal: 2004-09-28 14:41

A bit embarrassing, but in my defence, I'm not administerring the server in question... it didn't have full php-mysql functionality.

And, for those, who like me, know no php, the @ in this line:

$dbl = @mysql_pconnect($hn, $un, $pw);

makes it supress error messages. Once it was removed, the problem was clear.

David

Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému    

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Stránka používa redakčný systém Metafox
Na začiatok · Odkazový formulár · Prihláška
Upozorniť na chybu na PLATON.SK webstránke · Podmienky použitia · Ochrana osobných údajov