Platon Technologies
neprihlásený Prihlásiť Registrácia
SlovakEnglish
open source software development oslavujeme 10 rokov vývoja otvoreného softvéru! Štvrtok, 28. marec 2024
O nás
Magazín
Otvorený softvér
CVS
Služby
Index  »  Projekty  »  phpMyEdit  »  Fórum  »  3 questions from a newbie

phpMyEdit General     3 questions from a newbie
Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému   Choď na stránku 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Ďalší  

mrodent     Založený: 01.03.2015   Príspevky: 6  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2015-03-01 19:31
Návrat hore  Odpovedať s citátom     

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to the team who have developed phpMyEdit. I only discovered it today. It seems robust and very useful.

1) My first question is: is anyone actively developing it? Because the latest version seems to date from 2008 although questions are still being asked in this forum...

2) If not, have the developers moved on to another similar project?
The reason I ask question 2) is that I have been looking for years (!) for a way to make a move away from MS Access (eventually to a Linux OS), but to keep the whole "front end" thing. I have not found any solution: I have looked at
- many of the "MySQL GUI" projects (PhpMyAdmin, MySQL Workbench, etc.)... but they do not offer a "user front end" and specifically no possibility of *subforms*
- nuBuilder - code too complex and probably fragile - I recently tried to reverse engineer it; not enough documentation
- vFront - not enough documentation... seems a bit basic
- Drupal - might just be possible but would require major investment in terms of expertise, developing new module, etc.
- WaveMaker - uses its own Java server, rather than simple-to-understand Apache-PHP
- "rolling my own solution"... starting with basic PHP and JS... I was getting more convinced I'd have to try this... until I found phpMyEdit

3) I am intending to "reverse engineer" the code in phpMyEdit.class.php with a view to taking it further, and specifically introducing subforms, search fields, positionable elements, etc. (as in MS Access).
The code in this file appears to be put together well, with a few useful comments. But does anyone have any other explanatory development notes which might help my task?

doug     Založený: 10.02.2003   Príspevky: 1013   Bydlisko: Denver, Colorado (USA)
Príspevok Zaslal: 2015-03-01 21:09

Get the CVS versions, if you haven't already downloaded them. Development stalled when real life, jobs, etc called. I wrapped phpMyEdit in Bootstrap at http://Hockinson.us/ and later into a CMS for personal use.

mrodent     Založený: 01.03.2015   Príspevky: 6  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2015-03-02 09:09

I'll check it out... tx

alexzender     Založený: 09.08.2020   Príspevky: 648  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2020-08-28 15:09

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing https://royalcbd.com/cbg-cbda-cbn-cbc-cbdv/

Tgupta     Založený: 29.09.2020   Príspevky: 2  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2020-09-29 00:21

Awesome article! It is in detail and well formatted that i enjoyed reading. which inturn helped me to get new information from your blog. I am sharing related topic which is mostly important for, i also have something very useful https://cardguide.over-blog.com/shopify-test-order-is-important.html

ledam40306     Založený: 12.08.2020   Príspevky: 896  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2020-10-10 12:54

This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. buffet catering service Basildon

Vcorner     Založený: 05.09.2020   Príspevky: 5  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-01-09 13:20

As we have mentioned earlier a White Screen is the desktop background that will help you out to spot all dust particles that are collected on your screen. Thus, it is a good way to see all particles by just tapping on the same. https://www.pearltrees.com/twheel#item339828746

AleksShamles     Založený: 03.12.2020   Príspevky: 65  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-04-09 16:05

Jos sinulla on sammas ja et tiedä mitä tehdä, sitten on ratkaisu! Suosittelen, että yrität kiinnittää huomiota tämän sivuston https://online-apteekki.com/geneerinen-diflucan/ , olen varma, että olet varmasti tyytyväinen

laakea     Založený: 20.04.2021   Príspevky: 1104  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-06-20 13:18

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Face mask

Wayne     Založený: 18.04.2021   Príspevky: 837  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-07-28 11:59

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. 먹튀

Wayne     Založený: 18.04.2021   Príspevky: 837  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-07-29 08:25

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work we buy houses California

jognahartu     Založený: 06.12.2021   Príspevky: 2264  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2022-02-15 15:01

I went to this website, and I believe that you have a plenty of excellent information, I have saved your site to my bookmarks. lipo freeze machine

Holly Lewis     Založený: 02.09.2021   Príspevky: 870  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2022-03-13 10:16

If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. Thank you for caring about your content. 바카라사이트

jognahartu     Založený: 06.12.2021   Príspevky: 2264  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2022-03-21 08:52

Wow, this is fascinating reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I liked it a lot. Thanks for the great and unique info. Hv making news

wuicylucy     Založený: 21.03.2022   Príspevky: 1  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2022-03-21 09:57

Thank you for your above information, I will follow up with you wordle solver tiny fishing

Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému   Choď na stránku 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Ďalší  

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Stránka používa redakčný systém Metafox
Na začiatok · Odkazový formulár · Prihláška
Upozorniť na chybu na PLATON.SK webstránke · Podmienky použitia · Ochrana osobných údajov