Platon Technologies
neprihlásený Prihlásiť Registrácia
SlovakEnglish
open source software development oslavujeme 10 rokov vývoja otvoreného softvéru! Piatok, 29. marec 2024
O nás
Magazín
Otvorený softvér
CVS
Služby
Index  »  Projekty  »  phpMyEdit  »  Fórum  »  Free Shanghai Travel Guide 2021

phpMyEdit General     Free Shanghai Travel Guide 2021
Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému    

upamfva     Založený: 05.05.2021   Príspevky: 918  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-09-22 03:46
Návrat hore  Odpovedať s citátom     

Free Shanghai Travel Guide 2021

East meets West in the sprawling metropolis of Shànghǎi where ancient buildings nestle in the shadows of its formidable sky-scraping giants. While fast lights dominate the city streets of the Bund, wandering is the best mode of transport in both the Old City and the former French Concession. Futuristic art deco style architecture is juxtaposed with traditional lilong grids of low-rise buildings, while the tree-lined avenues of the former French Concession throw the visitor into a uniquely European vibe.To get more news about Shanghai travel advice , you can visit shine news official website.

The contrast in the architecture is reflected in almost every other aspect of Shànghǎi, where you can hop from an international luxury store to a hundred-year-old traditional pharmacy; enjoy gobbling a bowl of Yan Du Xian, a famous Shanghainese soup, on the street corner, or delight the latest international fusion flavours at the swankiest of restaurants. It is a city of contrast where the confusion of conflicting styles reflects its tumultuous passage through history.

Tunnel to the future – or somewhere

On the subject of confusing passages, one of the strangest attractions within this collocation of a city is the Bund tourist tunnel. Existing for no apparent reason, this peculiar attraction is a major draw even though it offers no sightseeing experience whatsoever. Riders embarking on this odd experience climb into tiny innovative rail cars and tootle through a tunnel while being bombarded with pulsating lights to the background soundtrack of strange and ominous sounds with the occasional English intonation. It’s rare for anyone to go back for a second trip but not unusual for visitors to end their trip looking slightly over-awed, a little terrified and completely perplexed.
Focusing for now on the oddities of Shànghǎi rather than its Bund and boutiques, a mind-bending architectural product of British designers and Chinese developers produced an eerie edifice of Escher-esque eccentricity. It’s called “The Slaughterhouse” and it is the last remaining building of this design in the world. This idiosyncratic construction was designed to channel the flow of cattle as they headed to slaughter. The web of interlinking stairways, bridges and passageways are adorned with Art Deco motifs and all the windows face west towards the Buddhist divine land, thereby facilitating the cattle’s journey of reincarnation.

The ultimate buy-in

Throughout China, the Shanghainese are known as 小资 (xiǎozī – ‘little capitalists’) so it’s not surprising that the shopping opportunities within the city are so comprehensive, covering everything from Prada to pearls. While the connoisseur might shirk at the tourist-trap prices in Hongqiao Pearl Market, for many visitors, this is a one-off shopping experience that is worth being ripped off for. As with tea-tasting, pearl purchasing isn’t something you do in a spare minute and it takes a fair amount of dedication, browsing and haggling to come out with a real pearl of wisdom. It is not only the tourist-trap arcades and stores themselves that offer incredible retail therapy – the time-honoured markets bustle with life, traditional wares and fresh new designs.

China’s window on the world

Historically, Shànghǎi has been known as the gateway between the East and West, as well as acting as China’s window on rest of the world. This doesn’t mean that there is virtual window that is as open to the Western world, however. Chinese internet policy is one of the most restrictive in the world, preventing access to many search engines and social media sites, among others. This makes it tricky for travellers who want to share their experiences on Facebook or who were hoping to Google for the best restaurant close to their accommodation. Fortunately, there is a way around this security lockdown. VPNs, or Virtual Private Networks, secure tunnel through which you can freely and anonymously browse the internet and gain access to your favourite sites.

Subsequently, just as travel insurance is important, so is installing and utilizing a VPN (Virtual Private Network) on whatever devices you will be travelling with prior to departure. If you leave the installation until your arrival in Shànghǎi, you will find many of the VPN websites are blocked making downloads difficult.

It is also crucial to note that not all VPNs are currently able to tunnel through the Great Firewall of China. The top VPN for China currently is Express VPN, followed closely by Astrill VPN. Both can provide a safe browsing environment. With monthly payment options available, it means that even if you don’t use a VPN at home, you can install one just for your Chinese adventure.

asad664     Založený: 25.08.2020   Príspevky: 337  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-10-08 20:36

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think. Mazatlan

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-10-15 11:37

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you, However I am having difficulties with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!! Tanzania Safari experiences

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-11-03 19:48

When I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment. There has to be a way you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it! transport airport bucharest

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-11-13 04:21

Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this amazing site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the information!
www.musselbeachcampground.com

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-11-19 18:49

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However I am encountering troubles with your RSS. I don’t understand why I can't subscribe to it. Europe travel tips

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-12-11 10:47

Your style is very unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this blog. things to do in madrid

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-12-11 10:48

I wanted to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post… porto portugal

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-12-19 11:35

You made some decent points there. I looked on the web for more information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site. bucharest to brasov

Príspevok Zaslal: 2021-12-22 18:20

Hello, I do believe your website may be having web browser compatibility problems. Whenever I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in I.E., it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other than that, great site! airport taxi brussels

allexjohns     Založený: 16.03.2022   Príspevky: 1  
Príspevok Zaslal: 2022-03-16 09:33

If you are going to Bogota for a business trip, or to mix business with some pleasure, you can think about hiring private transportation in Bogota . In doing so, you get some obvious advantages.

Odoslať novú tému   Odpovedať na tému    

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Stránka používa redakčný systém Metafox
Na začiatok · Odkazový formulár · Prihláška
Upozorniť na chybu na PLATON.SK webstránke · Podmienky použitia · Ochrana osobných údajov